Why do you meet in a school? When will you get a building of your own?
There are several reasons why Legacy Church meets in Beverly Manor Middle School.
• It helps us fulfill our mission: As a newer church and like all Christ honoring churches, our goal is to impact the community in which we are for Christ. By being in the middle school, we have the opportunity to build relationships with not only people in the community but also those who work at the school. Through these relationships, it is our desire to serve the community and to show them the love of Christ.
• It is cost effective: Meeting in a school is much more cost effective than having a building and paying a mortgage, utilities, maintenance, etc. This allows us to use our resources to reach others for Christ and put our resources in places that impact lives.
• It helps others to grow in their relationship with Christ: While we are crazy and love being a portable church, it does take some energy and effort to set-up and tear-down every week. This process though gets people involved much more quickly. Service is a primary way we grow in Christ, therefore, meeting in a school helps the church mature more quickly.
Is Legacy Church affiliated with anyone?
We are connected with an organization called Converge. (www.converge.org). Converge is a network of churches which voluntarily partner together to encourage one another and also dream and work together to raise up leaders and plant churches around the United States and around the world. We also, therefore, are affiliated with their regional network Converge Mid-America. (www.convergemidamerica.org)
Are there any other Legacy Churches in the area?
No, there are not. We are grateful for like minded churches like Ignite Church in downtown Peoria who gave us our start as a campus back in 2015 and we desire to partner with other like minded churches. We believe we are all part of the same team trying to expand God's Kingdom throughout Peoria, our region, and nation and the world.
What do you believe?
We believe in Jesus…..and the rest comes out of that…..For a more detailed look you can check out our statement of faith here: www.legacychurchsunnyland.com/our-beliefs
Where do you meet?
a. Sunday Worship Gatherings: Currently we meet at Beverly Manor School, Washington, IL. (1014 School Street)
b. Office: 2165 Washington Rd, Washington, IL 61571
c. Mid-Week: We meet in people’s homes for our Life Groups
How do I find out more about Legacy Church?
a. Call the church office and ask for Paul. He’d love to meet you for coffee and discuss Legacy's vision with you and answer all your questions.
b. Attend one of our Sunday services at 10:00 am at Beverly Manor School in Washington, IL. (1014 S. School Street, Washington, IL)
How do I get plugged into a ministry?
Once you know the ministry in which you want to serve, you can either tell Paul or let the person leading that ministry know you’re interested in serving and they can get you set up to observe the ministry until you feel comfortable serving. After that, the leader will get you on the rotation schedule for serving in that ministry.
How much time is involved in helping with the set-up/tear-down?
It takes about two hours to set-up on Sunday morning and an hour to tear down.
Do you have children’s church? If so, what ages?
Yes, we have several children’s classes that meet during the adult service:
- Sprouts: Birth - 4 years old
- The Tree House: K - 5th Grade
- The Canopy: 6th Grade - 8th Grade (1st and 3rd Sundays of the month)
What can I expect at a normal Sunday Service?
Show up – it’s casual. Come as you are. You’ll be here just over an hour.
Arrive a few minutes early to grab a cup of coffee and a donut and get the kids checked in. Plan on being warmly welcomed, no matter who you are.
Find people like you – they’ll be everywhere.
Listen to some great, high-energy music by our awesome house band.
Get ready to be encouraged, filled up, and inspired by a message that’s engaging, hope-filled and relevant to your life!
During our worship gathering, we encourage kids to participate in our children’s ministry, a fun-filled, age-appropriate place where they can learn about and experience God’s love.
What service areas do you have and where do you need help?
We can use help in every service area. The current service areas include:
- Environments Team (Set-Up & Tear Down)
- First Impressions
- Legacy Kids
- Technical (sound, media)
- Compassion Team (i.e. Service to the community.)
- The Canopy (Middle School Youth)